This week’s assignment was a group project- Chessy, Astrid, and I were assigned a section of the line (section 15) and had to do a total of nine explorations. Three explorations to measure the line, three explorations to gather research on the line, and three explorations to generate new knowledge from the line.
(1) We measured the line in different dance poses. I posed throughout the length of our section.
(2) We measured the line with one of Chessy’s favorite songs- “Feeling This” by Blink-182. It played about 3 times in our section.
(3) We measured how many different trees were included in the width and length of the line in our section. We lost count after multiple tries. 😦
(1) We collected about 30 different sounds of us interacting with nature by making noises. Some noises were completely human generated while others were in collaboration with trees, leaves, branches, etc.
(2) We researched different methods of traveling the line to see which was best (it was still walking). Different methods included skipping, hopping, rolling, somersaulting.
(3) We ventured into the woods at night (heard some scary noises) and researched different ways to experience the line- we decided to make it more challenging by walking at night and disabling ourselves. I walked in heels, Chessy blind-folded herself, and Astrid was tied up at her hands and feet.
Generation of New Knowledge:
(1) I walked with a mirror in front of me so I could experience the line behind myself while walking forward.
(2) Each of us climbed a tree and sat at the top for a while in order to see the line from a different (higher) perspective.
(3) We went camping!!! This allowed us to experience the line at night (which was really scary) and also gave us an amazing opportunity to watch Sunday’s lunar eclipse.
Here’s the link to our video on youtube! Check it out: